Yes, in a lot of cases it is true that a picture says 1,000 words. But there are real benefits to including even a few sentences with your photo case studies. For example, you can explain how a job was done, why it was so good and feedback from a happy customer.
However, if the idea of writing case studies fills you with the horror reminiscent of school days, it could be time for you to call in the services of a copywriter. This doesn’t have to be expensive and could make a real difference to the quality of your case studies and website.
Do I need a copywriter?
First things first, decide how much writing you really need. If you just want to give basic information alongside images, chances are you could write this yourself and ask a friend to check for spelling or grammar mistakes.
If you want to get a bit more creative and write a case study that really peaks the interest of a potential customer, then appoint a copywriter. They will know how to phrase the details in such a way that makes the most out of the job.
As a bonus, copywriters often know how to write a case study that is geared towards improving your website’s search engine optimisation (SEO). This will help you to generate more traffic to your website and therefore more leads.
How to pick a copywriter
There are various websites to help you find a copywriter for your case studies, such as PeoplePerHour.com. Ask around locally to see if you can find someone.
Here are a few pointers to keep in mind when choosing someone:
- Is their own website or description well written? That’s often a clue about how good they are at writing!
- Ask for examples of writing, to see if it’s a style you like.
- Ask for customer testimonials to check they are reliable.
- Have a chat over the phone – you want to work with someone you get on with.
- Ask for a fixed quote, ideally per blog rather than per word. Then you won’t be in for a nasty surprise when the bill comes in.
- Make sure the writer is happy with the information you’ve given – this way you’re more likely to get the words you’re after.
You can find out everything you need to know about case studies here.
Or start producing your own case studies today. Click here to find out more about the Bafter platform.